Fleet Mechanical Repair and Road service business serving PA, NJ and DE is looking for an experienced Heavy Duty Truck Service Manager.
The Service Manager is responsible for customer sensitive, efficient and profitable operations of the Service Department, handling customer relations, employee relations, and employee satisfaction. The Service Manager will operate the department at maximum production; create a good work environment while properly managing the assets of the department.
Duties and responsibilities of the Service Manager will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Counsel with and train Service writers and techs.
- Conduct interviews and assist in staffing needs to keep shop and operations a capacity.
- Supervise and monitor all marketing efforts.
- Become familiar with and follow up with all manufacturer and aftermarket warranty company policies and procedures.
- Handle customer complaints that demand management’s attention tactfully, promptly and with genuine concern for the customer’s problems.
- Track, Monitor and Maintain our in house fleet of Vehicles and Road Service Units.
- Generate and continually strive to increase labor sales
- Maintain the highest level of Customer Satisfaction
- Set individual and total shop sales objectives
- Assign technicians and other service personnel to appropriate work based on skills and efficiency
- Ensure that proper service sales techniques are being used
- Maintain a high level of shop cleanliness, equipment repairs, and general shop appearance, while ensuring a safe working condition
- Obtain and maintain control of the special tools necessary for the repair and service of the vehicles that the dealership sells
- Schedules training as necessary to properly repair and service all the vehicles that the dealership sells
- Assure proper repair order flow to satisfy dealership & business office requirements.
Requirements necessary for the Service Manager position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have or be able to obtain a CDL license
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience including a minimum of 5 years hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
• Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines preferred
- Must be able/willing to obtain High Value on Master Level Diesel Techs
- Service Management: 5 years
- Diesel Engine Repair: 5 years
Required licenses or certifications:
Pennsylvania State Inspector License
- ASE Diesel Certifications Strongly Preferred
Excellent compensation plan including:
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Paid sick days
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Uniform Service
- Direct Deposit
- Relocation Assistance Available
If you are up for the challenge and want to join our growing company you will need to be ready to:
• Answer a questionnaire about your abilities and qualifications
• Complete a personality assessment
• Shine at your interview
• Undergo a background check
• Pass a drug screen
If all of the above sounds like a good fit for you, then please submit your resume today!